Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Two Month Anniversary

It has been two months now since I came to the legendary lands of 10SE. And what a two months it been. I would recap it but that was kind of the entire point of the newsletter.

I reached a milestone today. I cleared out all the old WAHS papers. Now, you might think that I kept them in there for some sort of sentimental value attached to that fact but you'd think wrong. I kept those in there mostly, in fact I can say confidently, entirely because of laziness. I actually only put about 5 papers in there this past grading period. Terrible confusion and pandemonium. Countless hours were wasted finding papers in my scavenger hunt style of organization.

On a elated subject, 10SE's and SHS'S academic record took another blow today when, despite my best efforts otherwise, I got all A's on my report card. I'm both shocked and disappointed that the system failed so miserably.

Baseball has begun spring training or as I like to call it now The "I-can-play-without-steroids-just-fine" training. Now we'll get a glimpse of the media circus to come. If any player hit 30 HR's last year and bats under .250 in April this year, he'll be on Sportscenter for a week with every talk show wondering if he took steroids. And if there's a player who hit under .250 last year and has a good April, he'll be accused of taking steroids? SO best bet for Major Leaguers: DO EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID LAST YEAR. Nothing more, nothing less.

In the future i'll try to keep this updated more often. I'm shooting for another post Thursday.

4 Comments:

At 6:19:00 PM, Blogger Hunter Barry said...

Scattered about my back pack in no particular order whatsoever.

 
At 9:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must admit your backpack is a scary scary place.

 
At 10:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Out of morbid curiousity, what papers were they? I'm sure Ms. Scallot will be plenty heartbroken to hear that you've completely destroyed every bit of evidence of you past life in her English class, but in the meantime...Way to clear out the clutter!

 
At 4:35:00 PM, Blogger Hunter Barry said...

I threw out a bunch of old math papers, a packet on Alexander Hamilton, and more than my fair share of thought paper topics and packets on writers. It's not so much I didn't like that class, as it's just I found it boring and needlessly difficult. And if any one tells her (makes smiting noises).

BTW, try to leave some ID (i.e. a name or get a name with blogspot) so I know who's visiting here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home